Monday, September 19, 2005

Master of the House


I help pay for my home, this is true, but even truer is that I just work here. My three beautiful kittens rule the roost. Dana, my calico cat is 13 this year. Don't tell her she's old, she'll put a whooping on you. Bridget, my tuxedo cat is 1 year and 5 monthes. And finally but not least, Buffy, my orange tabby cat is 6 monthes. We recently lost, well maybe not so recently, but it still feels recent enough, my orange tabby male, Xander. He passed away in March, March 1st to be exact. We got Buffy for me technically, but Bridget soon took over and now Buffy is her kitten. Funny thing is that she didn't like the first 2 cats I brought home before Buffy. Bridget was about 7 pounds and she cornered a 20 something pound male cat within ten minutes. Attacked me and Dana for allowing him to be in her home. He soon went back to the lady who wanted to keep him anyway. The next one was a 6 week old boy kitten. He too lasted shortly. He lasted longer then the older cat, but still less than an hour. (Don't worry, she didn't attack him.. but she let her displeasure be known.) So here comes Little Miss Buffy. The two faced off. Bridget stating her territory, Buffy wanting to be everyone's friend. Dana took one look at me and hid under the bed. Funny thing happened when I gave up. The two worked out a sort of understanding. Soon they were chasing one another through the house driving us all crazy. Buffy had worked her way into Bridget's heart and in the process has tamed our Warrior Princess Bridget.

2 comments:

generationysuccess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ginny said...

Awwww! She is a cutie pie.