Thursday, May 04, 2006

Dieting. The Great Conspiracy


Recently I started a diet trying to get ready for a trip my husband and I are taking in October. I wanted to be able to take the tour and not be worried about being out of breath or worse unable to finish the tour do to being out of shape. Well a couple of weeks have gone by and with the different foods I've added to our grocery list, I've noticed the increase of money. Then I realized how bad the odds are stacked against those who want to lose weight and be healthy. If you want to snack on the right stuff you better have a good paying job. However, if you want to snack on fatfull, artery clogging munchies it won't cost you much at all. That's right. Money for fruits, vegetables, wheat thins, and those convenient 100 calorie pack snacks can add up pretty quick, then you just can't get as much. Six bars to a box of SouthBeach Diet breakfast bars for almost $3.00 compared to a box of Little Debbie Snack cakes for a 99 cents a box can not only tempt you it can make your wallet weep. They say America is the fattest country and I believe that. The things we eat can kill us. But who can afford to be healthy?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I think it is a conspiracy.. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo cake yum yum! ^_^