Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Whatever happened to customer service

Recently I had to deal with my cell phone service. I realized how annoying it is to have to play musical numbers while trying to get in touch with a real person. It's horrible. If you are calling for this press 1, for that press 2, for a headache hit 8 for other options. I sat through the perky automated voice rattling off numbers for things I had no problem with. After you get to the number you need you have to wait and wait and wait. I refer to the waiting as the Eternal Hold Abyss. And if they ever answer; most of the time you get a person who you can't understand and they can't understand you because they don't speak English. You pay so much for convenience when it's not really convenient. Then if you have problems come up where you don't pay it right on time they make you feel worse by asking; Is there a reason why you were late. I honestly want to tell them: "Well, let me see. Your service costs an arm and a leg. You claim you have fewer dropped calls, when I lose signal all the time. Add that up with all the free extras that aren't really free, I just freaking LOATHE you people." You don't even get what you pay for these days. AUGH!!!!!

No comments: