Thursday, May 25, 2006

So Many Books, So Little Time & Money

Lately, I have had an insatiable reading bug. I don't go through as many books as I could, darn having to work a 40 hour a week job. I've been lucky enough to come across some really great books. Books that make me want to tell the world what a good read it was. One of the most recent reads: Date Me, Baby, One More Time by Stephanie Rowe is the very picture of a hot, fun, exciting read. With quirky characters, interesting twists and turns that make it a quick read, but so enjoyable during the time.

Justine Bennett is the Guardian of the Goblet of Eternal Youth. She's been guarding it for 200 sexless frustrating years. Things have gotten kind of boring for her and her guardian in training a dragon named Theresa who is hooked on the internet.
Enter one handsome and cursed man; Derek LaValle. Derek is trying to break a curse on the men in his family. When they turn 31, they die. The only way to save him and his twin brother is to find the Guardian, behead her and drink from the Goblet.

This would be pretty cut and dry, until you add a lovesick Devil, ghost mom who is having problems fending off said lovesick Devil, a council of old, stuffy men who are trying to test Justine to see if she's capable of protecting the Goblet and the attraction between her and Derek.

Honestly, if you like quirky, supernatural books with strong characters you will enjoy this. I give it five meows out of five. Definitely a keeper!

4 comments:

Stephanie Rowe said...

Hi Jenn
I was surfing the web and came across your blog post, and I had to pop in and say THANKS for saying such nice things about my book! You made my day!!!!!

Stephanie Rowe

MoonCat said...

Carman,
I'm currently waiting on the next book about Theresa. I think it'll be out in September. Patience is a virtue... NOT!

Stephanie,
First off, so glad you stopped by and secondly.. I LOVED the book! Can't wait for the next one. You made my day by stopping in. Keep up the good writing!

Stephanie Rowe said...

Well, then, we made each other's day! :) But I have to give you bad news though... Theresa's book is actually out in November, not September! But I had a total blast writing it, so hopefully it'll be worth the wait!

MoonCat said...

I'm sure it will be. I can't wait. Theresa was such an interesting character.I was so happy to find out she had her own book coming out. I've been wondering if she will hook up with Zeke. BTW loved the misdirection you set up when you introduced him. I thought for sure he was the culprit setting Justine up.